Izalco Volcano Hiking Tour
El Volcán de Izalco is the youngest volcano in the country and in the region too. This spectacular cone is suitable for trekking and nature lovers. This adventure has a moderate level of difficulty, the walk starts from Cerro Verde Park. It takes 1 hour and 30 minutes to climb to the crater and 1 hour and 30 minutes to return. At the top of the volcano you will see some points with fumarolic activity. This is proof to say that it is an active volcano.
In this adventure, if we are lucky, we may observe some animals that live in tropical forests such as deers, foxes, common agouti, etc. Also, Cerro Verde National Park is ideal for those who practice birdwatching. After descending El Volcan de Izalco, we will drive to Coatepeque Lake to have a relaxing time and enjoy its cool waters. At this lake, you can take some extra activities such as Jet Ski riding, Kayaking, Boat ride, etc.
Departure & Return Location
Airport or any Local Hotel
- Transport with A/C
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Admission Tickets
- Tourism Taxes
- Food & Drinks
- Extra Activities
Before you book:
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours prior to the tour date.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical level.
- Transportation for 1-3 passengers is on a sedan vehicle, 4 + passengers are made in minivan
- Infant seats available.
There are no reviews yet.